RobotPy is a community of FIRST mentors and students dedicated to developing python-related projects for the FIRST Robotics Competition. The primary project we develop is a port of Python 3 and WPILib to the RoboRIO & cRio (obsolete) platforms, intended for use in FRC. Teams can use this to write their robot code in Python, a powerful dynamic programming language.
- Python is simple to learn and easy to maintain.
- RobotPy lets you reload code without restarting (live reloads).
- RobotPy lets you test and simulate your robot code on your laptop
- RobotPy provides access to WPILib in addition to the Python standard library.
- No programming software is required; just a text editor!
To get started, see our getting started guide (what else?).