2015 updates; Migration from FIRST Forge
Just to let you all know, over the last few years we’ve migrated away from FIRST Forge towards github, and FIRST has told us that FIRST Forge is going away in February 2015. We’ve copied a lot of the content to github, and will continue updating things for the 2015 season!
We’re really excited about 2015, and there are a lot of changes in store for RobotPy. In no particular order:
- RobotPy will be a 100% python implementation of wpilib, using ctypes to interact with the underlying HAL which is new for 2015.
- It will be based on the java implementation of WPILib. The names of the function calls will correspond to the java implementation (functionName) instead of the C++ implementation (FunctionName).
- There are now pure python implementations of Commands & NetworkTables
- There will be support for the 3d gazebo simulator
- There will be eclipse plugins available to make coding for RobotPy even easier!
If you’re interested in helping out with the 2015 preparation for kickoff, please drop us a line! Many of the needed tasks can be done without a RoboRIO, and there’s a lot that still needs to be done!