RobotPy 2023 is now available
We’re happy to announce the release of RobotPy for 2023! Just
pip3 install robotpy
and you’re off and running! Well, read the install guide.
- All WPILib 2023.1.1 features are available
- Commands v1 is gone (yay) but Commands v2 is available
- CTRE, PWFusion, REV vendors are available
- robotpy-cscore has wheels now for desktop platforms, which makes it much easier to install
- robotpy-apriltag is a thing now, check it out
- pyntcore no longer requires pynetworktables and replaces it. Lots of API changes here because of NT4
- Our examples repository has a lot more examples! Thanks especially to @BerkeSinanYetkin and @mrguisamuel
Python is not an official FRC language yet, but we are working with the WPILib team to make it official in 2024. See https://wpilib.org/blog/bringing-python-to-frc for the announcement.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!